Why is Anti Money Laundering extremely important?
It is well understood that money launderers use deceit or theft to capture the processes of financial entities for illicit purposes.
Therefore AML(Anti Money Laundering)program must execute inner control outlines that expansion the odds of averting or distinguishing such exercises.
Financial managers and auditors are well know with the concept and implementation of internal controls.The feature control part of AML compliance program that are targeted on mitigating risks discovered in money laundering risk assessment.
On other side internal controls,as a feature of an AML program must be layout to set-up the commanded reports and other observation, announcing and records maintenance required by the Banking covering.
What is involve in AML(Anti Money Laundering) internal controls?
AML internal controls encompass those policies, procedures, and processes accomplish to mitigate the risks of money laundering and support compliance with AML regulations.
A compliant internal controls program appropriate for the specific organization and based on its specific risks.Therefore bigger or more uncovered associations may have more refined or nitty gritty projects.
For example program will have
- Use the risk assessment process to identify the products, services, customers, third parties, and locations that are more vulnerable to money laundering.
- Assign responsibility for AML compliance to an appropriate person who will keep senior management and the Board informed.
- Implement risk-based Customer Due Diligence (CDD) policies to help identify vulnerable accounts.
- Identify re-portable transactions, and comply with mandating reporting requirements.
- Provide dual control and segregation of duties as appropriate.
- Train and supervise employees as needed to be aware of and compliant with AML regulations.
- Report and maintain records as required.
How to manage financial compliance
Some firms have embraced huge scale remediation projects and think back endeavors to accomplish AML consistence. A deliberately outlined, continuous program can help survey capabilities against industry practices, recognize qualities and weaknesses, and pinpoint required upgrades.
The general consistence action proceed controllers for instance,have now turned their regard for hostile to pay off and defilement issues.However a strong AML program can serve as a model for future effort to battle wrongdoing while addressing regulatory concerns.